Monday, May 18, 2009

Man to man בין גברים

מכתב לתלות בביה"כ ולהפיץ

אחי היקר,
שלום לך
אני מכיר אותך מהסביבה, אנחנו נפגשים לפעמים בבית כנסת, בשיעור תורה, בתחנת האוטובוס, בסופרמרקט... רציתי לפתוח את ליבי אליך בענין חשוב מאוד. אתה יקר לי מאוד אחי ולכן אני מקווה שתבין ללבי עתה. יש לי בעיה גדולה מאוד שגורמת לי הרבה צער. אשתך, עם הפאה היפה שלה, עם הבגדים הצרים שמבליטים את צורת הגוף, ה' ישמור, עם איפור שמוסיף לה חן בפנים, גורמת לי להסתכל עליה ולחשוב מחשבות טמאות, ה' יסלח לי! וזה גורם לי צער בכל מקום, בכולל כשאני משתדל כל כך בתמימות לשקוע בלימוד התורה הקדושה, ובבית כשאני רוצה לחשוב רק על אשתי הצדיקה ולא על שום בריה אחרת חס ושלום. ולכן רציתי לבקש ממך מעומק ליבי, כמו שאשתי יוצאת מהבית צנועה למופת, עם מטפחת כשרה, בגדים רחבים וארוכים (ובמקרה שלי אפילו עם שאל) ואינה גורמת לך ולגברים אחרים לחשוב מחשבות והרהורים טמאים, אני מבקש שתכבד אותי גם ותדבר ללב אשתך, שלא תכשיל אותי יותר. רחם עלי, אחי! אני רק בשר ודם.

בכבוד רב ואהבה רבה

אחיך, היהודי


Heartfelt letter for the men to hang up in local shuls, and hand out, etc.:

To you, my dear brother, neighbor, friend,
We know each other quite well, we see each other at shul, at a Torah shiur, at the bus stop, at the supermarket...
I wanted to open my heart to you on a very crucial matter. You are very dear to me, my brother, and therefore I ask that you open your heart and try to understand my words. I have a very big problem which has been causing me terrible grief: your wife, with her beautiful wig, tight-fitting clothes which emphasize the shape of her body, Hashem have mercy, and make up that makes her face attractive to the eye, causes me to look at her and think impure thoughts, may Hashem forgive me! This causes me grief wherever I go - at kollel when I am trying so hard to learn the holy Torah with temimus (innocence) and at home when all I want to think about is my righteous wife and no other creature, Heaven forbid.
Therefore, I am turning to you with pleading eyes and begging you, just as my wife leaves the house with utmost modesty, wearing a kosher head covering, dressed in long, plain, wide clothes (and in my case even a shawl for extra protection) and does not cause you or other men to look at her and think impure thoughts, I am asking you to show me the same respect and love. Please speak to your wife with kind and heartfelt words that will reach her heart and ask her not to make me stumble anymore. Have mercy on me, my brother! I am but flesh and blood!

With great respect and love,
Your brother, your fellow Jew

No comments: